Thursday, August 4, 2016

The Magnificence of Niagara Falls - by Sandy Hrostowski

Our first vacation in five years and what a powerful vacation it was. I had never been to Niagara Falls and knew very little about the area on the Canadian side. On one of our walks along the really wild rapids, I learned that it was a class 6 rapid. This is the only one in the world and considered completely impassable and illegal to be on. As I made a video of the rapids, I was awestruck by the sound and the power the water was making. I had never heard such a thunderous noise before.

We were able to go under the Falls by going down an elevator and then walking through a tunnel. There were a couple of places where you could actually walk out very close to where the Falls were raining down 60 million gallons of water per minute. Amazing!
Many might not know that I am afraid of heights. I can only climb three steps on a ladder before my legs start shaking. I went on a ride called the Aero ride over the Niagara Whirlpool. My husband would not go and thought I was a bit crazy for doing it. He said “What if it falls”?  I told him my heart and soul are ready to meet my Lord and God, so if that’s the way he wanted to bring me home, well than what a ride. I was glad I went, as all my trust and faith were placed in Jesus.  When I got off the ride (besides saying “Praise God”) my legs were still shaking.

Seeing the Falls and all the sights and sounds it makes, gave me a glimpse of the thunderous sound and power our Lord will make when He returns for his people...  I won’t be afraid, but my knees may still shake!

No comments:

Post a Comment