Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The Holy Spirit Consumes Me With Song - by Bev Christensen

Shout with joy to the Lord, O earth! Worship the Lord with gladness. Come before Him, singing with joy. Psalm 100:1-2

These are such beautiful words to live by. Sometimes I ask myself “what would life be like for me as a Christian who dearly loves Christian hymns and worship music - - - if I was to suddenly find that there would not be any music anymore?” What a devastating thought that would be.  I have been on a musical journey for “many years” since about age four. The love of music is so engrained into my soul. From dawn to dusk every day, I am listening to music. My favorite genre is Christian music – traditional and blended. I truly feel that God is speaking and moving through me as I hear the songs! Such encouragement I have received while singing, listening or playing the songs. I believe that God gives us all special spiritual gifts. Mine is to play the piano or to sing. I have grown so much in my spiritual development while being a member of Redeemer Church through being involved in the 8:15 Chancel Choir and it has been so easy to get involved. We meet on Thursday nights to practice and sing about two times a month on Sunday mornings and special performances around holidays. It’s also great that we have summers off to enjoy God’s beauty outside with family and friends.  Now, to answer my own question – what would I do without the wonderful world music in my life? I don’t really know. The Holy Spirit consumes me and gives me my main reason to live! Praise be to God!
Again, we rejoice - come before Him singing with joy. You are warmly invited to join.

Bev Christensen
Chancel Choir Director

No comments:

Post a Comment