Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Stop and Smell the Roses - by Diane Lantzy

It is now sprummer (as my son called the short season between winter and summer…spring on the calendar but summer like weather J)!  And for those people who have to deal with my winter grumpiness – they are quite grateful it is sprummer!  What I especially enjoy about this time of year is the wonderful flower scents….from Lily of the Valley, to Lilacs to Irises.  Many of us express our appreciation of the visual beauty that God delights us with but I don’t often hear the same appreciation about all the wonderful fragrances…perhaps because of the allergies that so many of us have to deal with!  But for me, when I smell those scents permeating the spring air – I can’t help but be grateful for the ways that God provides beauty for all of our senses.  ‘Stop and smell the roses’ is now a somewhat trite expression but it does hold a very fundamental truth.  In the busyness of our lives we often forget to take the time to appreciate the wonders of God’s creation.  Today – and everyday – is a good day to spend some time enjoying and thanking God for all that He has given us.

No comments:

Post a Comment