Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Where Does Time Go - by Sandy Hrostowski

April 25th was my grandson’s birthday.  Not just any birthday, but the big 21. We have a really great relationship with Richard.  He loves coming over for the weekend, attending Redeemer and just hanging out with Grandpa and Grandma.  I feel very fortunate to have this close bond with him.  His favorite food is lasagna which I happily fix each time he comes over.

It seems like before you know it, time has gone by, your family has grown up and children have gone off in their own directions.  My parents made of point of gathering the family together and enjoying a great Sunday meal after church.  No TV or video games.  We sat and talked about everything going on in our lives.  I’m sure as a child I didn’t realize how precious those times would be.  My father died when I was only 23 and my mother when I was 36.  Where does time go???

My parents took the time to teach me valuable life lessons for which I am eternally grateful.  I encourage you to see your family time as priceless and sometimes fleeting and cherish it.  Plan a Sunday dinner and invite your family to sit together, share a meal and talk about what’s going on in their lives’.

Better yet, invite them to DeWitt Redeemer where they can spend time with this awesome church family.   Don’t let time go by and then wonder where it all went! 

No comments:

Post a Comment