Monday, November 16, 2015

Gratitude - by Ron Bekkering

Gratitude means being thankful, counting your blessings, noticing simple pleasures, and acknowledging everything that you receive. It means being aware on an everyday basis of how much you’ve been given. Gratitude shifts our focus from what our life doesn't have to the abundance that is already present. This past week I've had the opportunity to work with high school students, share in training with our senior staff, and spend time with family and friends. 

I for months have been thinking about the word Gratitude and how much I have to be thankful for. My wife has been given the 4 year clear on the cancer that invaded her body. My daughters have both had successful starts to the school year. Redeemer UMC has continued to grow with visitors being seen and talked to each and every week.

I think the thing that I have the most gratitude for is that Jesus continues to make blessings flow over each of us. He gives us breath, allows us to make choices, forgives us when we fall away, and comforts us when we feel loss or struggle. Jesus tells us "In this world we will have troubles, but don't stress because He has overcome this world" and for that I am grateful. So in all this friends I give God praise.

When we get so busy in life with our schedules and life I hope during this time we can take a moment to thank God for all He has done. As a matter of fact “If the only prayer you say in your life is ‘thank you,’ that would suffice.” – Meister Eckhart

So take a moment and be grateful, show some gratitude for all we have been given. 

God Rocks and We Roll,
Ron 

No comments:

Post a Comment