Monday, February 1, 2016

SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) - by Sandy Hrostowski

Ever hear of it?  It’s something a lot of people go through here in Michigan as a result of the colder weather and lack of sunshine.  It can have many side effects, like finding it difficult to wake up in the morning, craving carbohydrates (which can lead to weight gain) lack of energy and many others symptoms.

Take heart - there are ways to beat the Winter Blues and lift your spirits.

Make your environment brighter (open those curtains and blinds).  Be sure to get some exercise, even if it’s just going for a short walk.  I find turning on some of my favorite music helps me feel happy.  I also get great enjoyment out of helping others.  It lets me think about someone else for a while. 

And when all else fails, plan a vacation.  This is exactly what I did this week.  I’m going to visit my daughter and her family in Texas.  I will be spending time with my granddaughter and my two great-grandsons.  Doing this is certain to bring a smile to my face.

Remember to take time to talk to God, He is a great listener!

No comments:

Post a Comment