Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Musical Inspiration - by Bev Christensen

Martin Luther in 1538 was quoted as saying (or writing) “I truly desire that all Christians would love and regard as worthy the lovely gift of music, which is a precious, worthy, and costly treasure given to mankind by God. The riches of music are so excellent and so precious that words fail me whenever I attempt to discuss and describe them… next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in this world. It controls our thoughts, minds, hearts, and spirits.”

Wow, what an inspiration to all of us who love music! I can’t speak eloquently like Martin Luther did and I confess that I don’t know if he had a personal musical background, but isn’t life much more enriched if we allow music to flow into our lives? Doesn’t matter how – radio, TV, or ipad – beautiful Christian music, traditional hymns or contemporary, whichever you prefer. I personally think it can thrill your soul and lift your spirits!
Praise God for what He has given to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment