Monday, July 14, 2014

One Small Step . . . by Susan Jensen

… Jesus called the children to him and said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 17 Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.”

Summer is here, and it is a time of child’s play. My childhood was over 40 some years ago. But I have fond memories of laying in the yard with my mom and siblings calling out what we thought clouds looked like, or days spent creating forts out of everyday items. I even remember summers of enjoying Vacation Bible School similar to the one we just had here at Redeemer UMC in DeWitt.
I also remember those childhood Sunday School classes and hearing of Jesus and how much God loves us, and I absolutely knew with a childlike faith it was true. That is the childlike faith God still wants us to come to Him with today, whether we are 4 years old or 50, or 80+.

In our information overload world, we have almost a need to overcomplicate things. But the truth of the matter is, God is our loving father and He wants nothing more than for us to accept our place in his family. Such simple, humble faith is what God desires.
Eternity starts with a small childlike step of faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment