Thursday, August 28, 2014

The Amazing Three Day Beauty Treatment - by Debby Kloosterman

I love the Bible trivia quiz on our local Christian radio station!  Recently, the question was based on the Old Testament Book of Esther.  The Book of Esther is a wonderful story of how God uses ordinary people to accomplish His will (but I digress).

In order for Esther (formerly Hadassah) to enter the presence of King Xerxes, she had to undergo 12 months of beauty treatments.  My response to this was that even I could be suitable to meet a king after 12 months of beauty treatments!

On second thought…

The only king I know is Jesus and no matter what I do I will never be “good enough” to meet God’s standard of perfection.  The fact is that a year’s worth of beauty treatments and special foods are not what is required.  Jesus provided an amazing 3-day beauty treatment!  Through his death and resurrection, he paid the total price for me to approach the throne.  I only need to ask Him to be my savior and serve as my master and I am saved from my ugly sinful nature.  As the old hymn proclaims, “Though my sins were as scarlet, He washed them white as snow.”

No comments:

Post a Comment