Tuesday, September 16, 2014

What is God reminding you of today? - by Sue Campbell

Well, the deadline for my turn at the DeWitt Redeemer blog has come and gone, but I was extended grace due to a busy 1st day back in Christian Education this past Sunday.  No more excuses today though! While it would be fitting to write about the excitement and happy faces I saw in Kingdom Kids and Kingdom Quest last Sunday, something else came to mind as I sat down to write.

Thinking back a few weeks or more, to the lazy days of summer, I was reminded of a particular morning’s walk.  Up north, I like to walk on a quiet dirt road which winds through trees and past fields.  No cars - just the occasional sound of a bird chirping or squirrel rustling through the leaves.  This one morning, I came to the fork in the road where I usually veer to the right and circle around to head back.  But instead I had the thought that I should go to the left for a change and headed that way.  I saw something on the crest of the hill in the road and had decided it was a tree stump sticking out, but then it moved.  I waited and waited some more and was rewarded with seeing a deer cross the road, followed by her little one a short time afterwards.   After they disappeared into the brush, I circled back intending to head home.  But then, I decided to take the fork in my usual direction (being a creature of habit).  I walked down that way a little farther than normal and much to my surprise and delight, I saw another deer cross the road ahead of me! Two unexpected choices had led to two unexpected blessings. 

That made me think of a few things I often need to be reminded of ---
·    God’s blessings are all around us if we take time to notice them
·    Waiting can be hard but also very rewarding
·    You never know what might happen if you don’t step out of your routine and go a different direction
·    Good timing might just be God’s timing

What might God be reminding you of today?

No comments:

Post a Comment