Wednesday, October 22, 2014

What? Me Volunteer! - by Sandy Hrostowski

Yes, that was me asking the question, three years ago.  I was looking for a new Church family, and ended up here at Redeemer.  Well, let me rephrase that. I was waiting upon the Holy Spirit to lead me to a new Christian church, and was led here to Redeemer. 

On my second visit to the church, an announcement was made, asking for volunteers for the Food Pantry.  Now, I had no idea what the Food Pantry was even about.  My interest was stirred.  I sign up at the volunteer counter, and my journey began.  I could serve those in need and at the same time discover an area of my life that needed to come forth. Serving the Lord with the Spiritual gifts He entrusted to me of compassion, hospitality and simply serving others.
As I began serving, I discovered an added benefit for myself.  I have found that once you open your heart to ways of serving others, your personal relationship with God grows.

There is so much work and so many ways to serve here at Redeemer.  I invite you to check out all the many ways of getting “Plugged in”.  Your heart and eyes will be open in ways you never imagined. 
To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world.     Josephine Billings

No comments:

Post a Comment