Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Becoming a CnE - by Debby Kloosterman

Sometimes we just need to think differently about things…  It’s easy for me, even as a Christian, to judge others too quickly. Perhaps I speak with disdain or even a little superiority about those individuals who only come to church on Christmas and Easter.  (You know those “CNE” people.)

Maybe I don’t understand how just two times a year is sufficient time to worship a big God. 

I am designing a new campaign for myself called “Take Back the Cross”. It’s modeled after the “Take Back the Night” movement. TBTN is a non-profit organization with the mission of ending sexual violence. The idea is that no woman should fear the night because she is vulnerable to predatory attack.  This involves reframing the status of victim to the status of survivor.

My campaign involves reframing “CNE”, Christmas and Easter, to” CnE”, Christ in Everything. “Christ in Everything” demands that I put aside judgmental attitudes and operate with mercy and compassion.
 
I am not sure how many others will join my campaign. “Take Back the Cross” may involve sacrifice, selflessness and thoughtfulness in what I say and what I do. It will undoubtedly be a life work.
 
Those who would like to join me don’t need to sign anything. Just ask Jesus to serve as your “life coach” and hold you accountable to be more like Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment