Friday, January 9, 2015

Things I Learn on Sunday Mornings – by Sue Campbell

Getting back after 2 weeks of not having Kingdom Kids or Kingdom Quest reminded me of some things (not in any particular order)---

  • Kids are wonderfully concrete thinkers as shown in a recent discussion at the nursery snack table:
One child:  “Sometimes I get scared at night, but God is with me”
   Another child:  “God’s always with us”
   The 3rd child:  “Yep, God’s always with us!”
I didn’t need to say a word – there were no but’s,
maybe’s, doubts or exceptions, that was that!
  • Sharing food nourishes the soul as much as the tummy --- many of the best God-moments are during snack time
  • No matter how prepared I think I am – there’s always something that comes up that makes me so grateful for our team and their grace!
  • I need to worship – I start the morning by going to the 8:15 service to make sure I’m putting God first before I jump into the rest of the morning
  • I need to learn – every Sunday I make new faith connections from listening to Pastor Rod’s message and spending time with the kids
  • I need to serve – it fills my bucket to be a part of God’s plan here at DeWitt Redeemer
  • God is good!  No but’s, maybe’s or exceptions!

No comments:

Post a Comment