Monday, January 26, 2015

Winter Emergencies - by Sandy Hrostowski

Our weather is now well into the winter months.  If you’ve lived in Michigan for any period of time, you know the weather can be very unpredictable.  The possibility of an emergency while driving on our snow covered roadways is something we must be prepared for. 

During one winter a few years back, all I wanted to do was get home!  The roads were solid ice, and traffic was moving at a snail’s pace.  A semi passed me a little too close, which caused me to go into a full circle spin.  Not one spin, but three.  As I headed into the middle median, all I could see were trees.  I thought I was going to crash; instead I stopped just a few feet from the tree line.  It quickly became apparent to me that I was stuck.

Suddenly, there was a man and woman at my car window.  They told me they would help me, and to follow their directions.  They pushed me back up the hill and onto the road.  I can truly say I was visited by angels that day. 

For traveling any great distance by car, packing an emergency kit may make the difference between getting back on the road soon, and being stuck where you are for some time.

Same is true in our Christian life, be sure to pack your emergency kit every day to keep you on the right track … don’t get stuck - fuel your soul by spending daily time with the Lord. If you need a good Christian book to help you or a daily devotional, there is a great selection right here at DeWitt Redeemer Church in the bookstore.

No comments:

Post a Comment