Monday, January 19, 2015

Read the Manual - by Ben Barnes

Over the next month or two, the sound system at Redeemer will be getting a major facelift. We're having a new sound board installed that can do pretty much anything we ask of it... Except maybe taxes! I've read and researched and observed sound boards for close to a year and after all of that, I feel like the board we've ordered is the best option for Redeemer. Now the monumental task is to read (and understand) the 500+ page user manual full of diagrams, stories and examples that explain how and when to use each knob, button and flashing light on the new board.

When I made a new commitment to Christ in high school, I knew that it was for the best and I was really excited to live it out. However, I had no idea how to do that. I remember feeling overwhelmed by not knowing where to start with the task of living out the commitment I had just made. The beauty of the Christian life is that we have a manual.  The Bible is our instruction manual. There are stories, examples and instructions (and even maps if you have a high end model). As this year starts, keep in mind that we have help in the Bible. God's Word is there to help us figure out how to live our Christian lives while we're here. The task is to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment