Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Donuts & Faith - by Suzie Unruh

My sister, Cathy, and her family live out of state in Springfield, Missouri. The other day she was telling me about this donut shop, which opened a little over a year ago, called Hurts Donuts. Since opening they have sold 52,523 of their Maple Bacon Bar donuts, (side note: this is just one of their donuts, I can’t even image what their total is for all donuts sold). During our phone conversation she went on to tell me about the wonderful fundraisers and community events they have contributed to, how much they have given back to the community in just a little over a year and all the fun things they do. Now, if you were to look them up on Facebook you would realize this just isn’t any donut shop – besides the 2 pound donut, fun flavors and cake like decorations they also have an ambulance that they have turned into a delivery truck. During Christmas break (or any day for that matter) you can text them and while they are out and about they will deliver donuts right to your house or business. All of this aside, the thing that amazed me the most was their back story on how they started the business. The couple that opened Hurts Donuts had no prior background experience in making donuts; they learned how to make donuts on youtube, and the first donut they EVER MADE was 13 hours before opening the doors for business. WOW!!! This just amazed me… the amount of trust, faith and passion they had and how they turned this business into a huge success in a little over a year. It reminded me of the mustard seed and how in Matthew 17:20 Jesus said”… “I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it would move. Nothing would be impossible.” It makes me wonder if everyone had this much passion and this much faith in the Lord and put 100% trust in Him where the world would be today (even our little town of DeWitt, Michigan), how different things would look and what a huge success we would see. I know for me it’s a struggle to give 100% trust, to wait for the Lord’s timing. But I have faith and I know God has a plan for me, I can’t watch a youtube video like this couple did, but I know if I keep my trust and faith in the Lord my year will be a great success also!!

No comments:

Post a Comment