Thursday, February 26, 2015

Moving on to the Next Role - by Kelvin Fizzell

It has been my privilege and personal blessing to have been a member of the Prayer Ministry Small Group at Redeemer Church since the summer of 2009. It has provided me, and the other members of the group, the opportunity to grow in the Spiritual Gift of Prayer and to witness first hand God’s faithfulness in answering prayer offered on behalf of others. As a group, we have shared all aspects of life together…marriage of children…birth of grandchildren…job changes/retirement…death of family members, and yes, even the death of group members. As individual group members, it was a role that God led each one of us to fill.

As time passes, God will often guide us from one role to another as He fulfills His perfect plan. Because it is now time for me to move on, I am stepping away from the prayer group. My next role will be that of a care giver…for an aging mother (she will be 92 in March) who requires more hands-on assistance…for a brother diagnosed with Parkinson’s…for grandchildren whose working parents need help with childcare. Honestly, at times it all seems daunting. And yet, I am filled with hope and confidence. I have learned during my 6 years on the prayer team that God is forever faithful to those who trust in Him. I witnessed time after time, as God provided what someone, who reached out to Him, needed to help them deal with a life situation. I know that if I continue to place my trust in Him, He will guide me through the joys and successes as well as the inevitable stress and frustration that will be a part of my new role.

DeWitt Redeemer Church has 2 small groups dedicated to intercessory prayer. If you feel God leading you to grow in your prayer life, one of these groups may be the place for you to fulfill your role.  If you have any questions, please contact Kim Metzer in the church office.

Luke 11:9 NLT “And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment