Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Worry Less - by Diane Lantzy

I love everything about fall. The beautiful fall leaves, football games, tailgating, the crisp fall air, cider (and donuts), pumpkin pie, the excitement of things starting anew and so much more. What is not to love about all that?? So, if I love everything about fall….why did I often dread its arrival?? Unfortunately, I worry that winter was ever so surely approaching and that I really, really don’t like!

But God does not want us to worry about the future. In the daily devotional “Jesus Calling” by Sarah Young she writes the following (and she writes this devotional as if Jesus is talking directly to you):
Do not worry about tomorrow! This is not a suggestion but a command. I divided time into days and nights so that you would have manageable portions of life to handle. My grace is sufficient for you but its sufficiency is for only one day at a time. 

Though this devotional was probably not written with the worry of uncomfortable (at least for me) weather in the forefront, it did make me understand that in my worrying about the upcoming winter, I wasn’t able to enjoy all that God had given me today. I now strive to look at the beautiful autumn leaves and appreciate the moment without seeing the upcoming bare trees laced with white. Since I am a Mom and a Grandma worrying is second nature to me and I will always struggle with worrying about the future of my loved ones. But as I continue to grow in my Christian walk, I pray that I worry less about the future and trust God’s sufficiency for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment