Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Eye for an Eye - by Suzie Unruh

The other day I was talking to my oldest son, Steven, about patience, forgiveness and holding on to grudges. I mentioned how the phrase an “eye for an eye” is no way to live. He said, “Yeah, if everyone lived that way, then everyone would be blind.”

How true! The fact of the matter is that no one is perfect; we are all human and make mistakes. God took me, a blank canvas, and gave me the chance to make a difference. Holding on to past hurts, pain, and grudges is not how God intended me to live. Every moment of everyday I have a choice to change - to love, to forgive, to learn. Letting go sometimes is not easy, but if it wasn’t for my struggles I would have never found my strengths, how I want to change the world around me. For that I am thankful.
We all have the opportunity at any moment to change, to forgive, and to choose happiness. Today I choose to live how God intended, to make a positive impact on my life, my family and the people around me.

Talking with my son that day, I discovered two things. One, I am proud of the young man he is becoming and two, I will not become blind – I will choose to forgive.

No comments:

Post a Comment