Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Do Over - by Kim Metzer

It is fitting that it’s my turn to blog again.  My last blog post was just as 2015 was ending and the promise of a brand new year was on the horizon.  If you’re anything like me you made some resolutions for the New Year…and then failed to follow through with those resolutions.

So what makes this time of year so fitting for my next blog post? As I write this, it’s Monday, the day after Redeemer’s celebration of Jesus’ resurrection.  The day after the resurrection marks a new beginning.  As Rod noted in his Easter message, deciding to live life as a Christian doesn’t mean our sins have been whitewashed but that we’ve decided to live life in a new way – making a 180 degree turn. 
What in your life needs a “do over”? Is it a resolve to read the Bible every day? The annual reading plan that was provided in January can be started at any time.  Is it your desire to make new Christian friends that walk beside you on the Christian life path? A great place to find friends like these is on one of our Sunday morning teams assisting with greeting or ushering.  Do you have friends you’d like to invite to a casual fun event?  Invite them to play euchre with us on April 16! 

As for me, I’m continuing the Bible-In-A-Year plan that I started last spring.  I’m behind by a few days but today is a new day and I will get caught up!
If you’d like to join me in making “After Resurrection Resolutions” or “Do Overs”, more information on all of the options mentioned above (and more!) can be found on the website: www.dewittredeemer.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment