Monday, May 2, 2016

What has God done for me? - by Sandy Hrostowski

Oh my, where do I begin…recently we celebrated Easter.  I was reminded of God’s immeasurable love me, for us.  So much unconditional love that He gave his only Son, who died on the cross and was raised from the dead to be the final sacrifice for all mankind’s sins.  I can barely say this without crying.  For sure, I don’t deserve such mercy. 

Well, during Lent I tried to think of something that would be difficult to give up.  I prayed about this for some time.  It had to be something that God would approve of.  Then it came to me…now please don’t laugh.  I stopped watching two daytime TV shows that were becoming inappropriate for me to watch.  I had watched these shows for over 30 years.  I wasn’t sure I would be able to do it.  I put my trust in God, and He didn’t let me down.  I have not watched these shows since the beginning of Lent. 

I feel a great burden of guilt lifted from me.  God did that for me.  Just one of His uncountable blessings and mercy He has shown me in my lifetime.  I now have more time to read His word and to pray.  Wow, that’s what God has done for me!

Please, take time today to really think about all the mercy, compassion and blessings God has given you.  They are immeasurable.

No comments:

Post a Comment