Monday, April 25, 2016

God's Leading - by Ben Barnes

Over spring break, I took my little family on a short vacation to Tennessee.  We rented a cabin in the mountains and spent a few days just relaxing and seeing the sites in a town we were unfamiliar with.  We had a great time and we were able to unwind and unplug (something I often forget to do). 

We followed my phone's GPS all the way to our destination, which took us on some questionable roads, deep into forests, and to the edges of some cliffs I'd rather not drive by again.  I trusted the GPS to get us to the cabin.  I did question it, however.  I questioned it hard. 
Sometimes in life, we follow God's leading in our lives and things don't exactly happen as we plan.  The roads get narrow.  Our surroundings get uncomfortable.  And we question God.  We question His leading.  But when God leads us, He goes with us.  And Scripture is clear that we can do all things through the strength of Christ. 

So when God's leading you into territory you're unfamiliar/uncomfortable with, take heart.  And remember Proverbs 3 when it says, "In all your ways, acknowledge Him and He will direct your path."

No comments:

Post a Comment