Monday, June 27, 2016

Don't Take It Back - by Suzie Unruh

I was recently reading in Sheri Rose Shepherd’s book His Princess – Love Letters from Your King.

My Princess …. I CAN DO ANYTHING

“I know how hard it is for you to believe that My power is for you personally. The only thing stopping you from seeing My mighty hand at work in your life is you, My love. Remember, I placed within you the same power that I used to raise My Son, Jesus, from the dead. Don’t let past disappointments or fears keep you from asking what you need and believing that My timing is perfect. Keep seeking Me with all your heart and continue to obey all that I say while you wait on Me. Know that I will always keep My word and fulfill My promises. Even when the world lets you down, I will lift you up again. I will be true to you until the end of time and beyond. Love, Your True King”

A friend once told me when I am feeling stressed and overwhelmed to, “Let go and give it to God AND don’t take it back!”

The “don’t take it back” part is what always gets me! When I wake in the middle of the night, concerned about a work problem or one of my kids, my mind starts racing with a hundred ways to fix it. Then I remind myself, “you gave it to God – don’t take it back.” Like everything in my life, God has a plan! Most of the time things are even better than I had imagined. Sometimes, not always the plan I had hoped for and not always in my timing.

I know God’s plan is not to harm or hurt me, but for me to grow, learn, and love like Jesus. I just need to remember to “Give it to God and don’t take it back.” His timing – His plan – is perfect!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment