Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Decisions - by Diane Lantzy

A little three year old boy I know (who will remain nameless to protect the innocent) was bitten at day care recently.
 
The teacher asked: “Why did he bite you?”
 
The perhaps less then innocent little boy replied: “He had his reasons.”
 
As adults, we think we have moved past this type of behavior but unfortunately, it often just changes formats. I certainly have done things that haven’t been done for the right reasons and then I am surprised when these actions come back and bite me (at least I am speaking figuratively now). On the other hand, there are times when I should take action but am afraid of the consequences so do nothing to avoid getting bitten.
 
I face many decisions each day – some are more important than others. When I struggle with any decision, there are many verses from the Bible that are helpful to me. Here are a couple:
 
“Let the wise listen and add to their learning and let the discerning get guidance.:"  Proverbs 1:5
 
I can always use good advice from godly friends.
 
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”  Philippians 4:6
 
Remembering that God is always with me helps comfort me especially when I am worried that there may be negative consequences of a well thought out decision.
 
Listening to others, reading the Bible and talking to God is always a good path to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment