Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Change in Routine - by Suzie Unruh

So the kids started school last week and Facebook was flooded with wonderful pictures of the first day of school. There were pictures of younger kids sad they weren’t able to go, the kids in their new outfits with new backpacks, the parents screaming ‘Hooray’ as the bus drove away, and then one picture struck me – it was the picture of the kids praying before school.

I pray constantly for my kids; for their safety, for their choices, for God to surround them with Christian friends, and Christian adult leaders at school. As I reflected this weekend on the first week of school and how we survived getting up and the morning routine I realized – I have failed, I am not doing my part – our morning routine includes brushing teeth, breakfast, lunches, etc, but I realized I have not faithfully  included prayer with the kids in our morning routine.

I pray when they leave, when I drop them off, and throughout the day – but my children need me to pray with them! For them to know that God is with them every moment of every day – even if they don’t remember, God does – He never forgets them. It’s never too late to make a change, so starting now – we will stop and take a moment to add this to our morning routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment